Administration position currently available in Mumbai, India. The individual should be able to commit to 30 hours per month for 7 months (August 1, 2017, until March 31, 2018) in this role. This position is a great opportunity for someone to learn how organizations/advocates engage in work to end Female Genital Cutting. By working towards an FGC-free world, the aim is to recognize and emphasize the values of consent and a child’s/woman’s right over her own body and to enable a culture in which female sexuality is not feared or suppressed but embraced as normal.
If interested, please submit a cover letter and CV/resume to email@example.com.
Please note that the candidate is expected to be able to work independently/remotely, and communicate regularly with Supervisors.
The program assistant should:
- Be comfortable coordinating logistics for events, including hiring of vendors, scouting event locations, assisting with writing MOUs/Contracts for Vendors, managing volunteers.
- Be able to write relevant and insightful content for reporting requirements, including collating feedback for events, writing events descriptions for social media, newsletter, and grant reporting.
- Be able to carry out basic financial management tasks, including reviewing the budget, managing bills, keeping track of expenses, submit and reconcile expenses reports.
- Be familiar with social media platforms such Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, WordPress, Google+ and basic social media management.
- Be able to liaison with contractors, vendors, supervisors on a regular basis via email, phone, at the time of any on site activity, and in person regularly.
- Other related tasks as deemed necessarily
- Be able to travel locally for events and other logistical meetings/tasks
- Hardworking, driven, energetic, results-oriented and independent
- Adhere to supervisor’s mission, vision, and values
- Desire to learn about FGC, with a focus on engaging with the community in a sensitive manner
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, in particular)
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
To view pdf of Job Description, click Program Assistant Job Description.