Sahiyo Social Media Internship
If you are driven to create content and conversations on Gender-Based Violence, Human Rights and your choice of medium is social media- then SAHIYO is looking for you!
Sahiyo began in 2015 as a conversation between five women who felt strongly about the ritual of female genital cutting. As our collaboration grew, we realized the need for an organized, informed forum within the community that could help drive a movement to bring an end to khatna. That is how Sahiyo, the organization, was born.
We are dedicated to empowering Asian communities to end female genital cutting (FGC) and create positive social change through dialogue, education, and collaboration based on community involvement. By working towards an FGC-free world, we aim to recognize and emphasize the values of consent and a child’s/woman’s right over her own body. We aim to enable a culture in which female sexuality is not feared or suppressed but embraced as normal.
We are currently looking for individuals to commit to about 5 hours/week for 6 months in an unpaid internship. Even though the internship is unpaid at the moment, as Sahiyo continues to grow, we hope to be able to provide a paid position in the future for the right person. In the meantime, this internship is a great opportunity for someone to work with an internationally recognized organization, and learn how organizations develop from the ground up.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Support Sahiyo in improving communications presence
- Find stories and links to share relating to Sahiyo’s mission and work
- Write quick, relevant and insightful content for social media feeds
- Contribute to Sahiyo blog
- Optimise Sahiyo communications in search engines
- Other related tasks as necessary
- Be familiar with social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, WordPress, Google+ and basic social media management.
- Bonus would be to have a basic knowledge of Photoshop, Google Analytics, and other social media platforms.
- Hardworking, driven, energetic, results-oriented and independent
- Desire to learn about FGC, with a focus on engaging with the community in a sensitive manner.
Please send a cover letter and a resume to email@example.com.
Click here to view a pdf of the Social Media Internship description.