Sahiyo Editorial Internship
If you are driven to create content and conversations on Gender-Based Violence and Human Rights, and your choice of medium is social media, then SAHIYO is looking for you!
Sahiyo is dedicated to empowering Asian communities to end female genital cutting (FGC) and create positive social change through dialogue, education and collaboration based on community involvement. By working towards an FGC-free world, we aim to recognize and emphasize the values of consent and a child’s/woman’s right over her own body. We aim to enable a culture in which female sexuality is not feared or suppressed but embraced as normal.
Sahiyo is the Bohra Gujarati word for ‘saheliyo’, or friends, and reflects our organization’s mission to engage in dialogue with the community to find a collective solution towards ending the practice of FGC.
We are currently looking for individuals to commit to about 5 hours/week for 6 months, to work on editing and writing material for Sahiyo’s blog. As the position is virtual, the Blog Editor Intern can be located anywhere in the world but must be comfortable with working independently and remotely. Even though the internship is unpaid at the moment, as Sahiyo continues to grow, we hope to be able to provide a paid position in the future for the right person. In the meantime, this internship is a great opportunity for someone to work with an internationally-recognized organization, and learn how organizations develop from the ground up.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Support Sahiyo in gathering stories for our blog and disbursing them across our social media channels
- Identifying post ideas that will support Sahiyo’s mission
- Assisting with editing and writing blog posts
- Fact-checking when needed
- Reviewing Sahiyo blog posts for accuracy
- Other related tasks as necessary
- Excellent grammar and punctuation skills, confident writer
- Solid communication skills
- Familiarity with WordPress.com, Google Docs, MS Office and some basic design software (e.g. Canva, Photoshop, InDesign)
- Hardworking, driven, energetic, results-oriented and independent
- Strong attention to detail
- Organizational skills
Please send a cover letter and a resume to email@example.com.
To view pdf of internship job description, click here.