If you are interested in volunteering with Sahiyo, we ask that all potential volunteers please fill out our Volunteer Application. You may also send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know your ideas, as well as how you can contribute towards our cause.
CLICK HERE FOR OUR VOLUNTEER APPLICATION
Current Volunteer Needs:
- In order to maximize the impact of this website’s reach to the largest possible number of people, we are looking for volunteers with website design skills who can help us create a website that can be translated in Gujarati and Hindi.
- Writing blog posts on FGC interventions, practices, personal experiences, etc
- Helping us with our social media platforms (we have twitter and facebook)
- Helping us organize, plan, and create outreach/education events on FGC.
SOCIAL MEDIA INTERNSHIP:
While we are currently looking for individuals to commit to about 5 hours/week for 6 months in this unpaid internship, as Sahiyo continues to grow, we hope to be able to be able to provide a paid position in the future for the right person. In the meantime, it is a great opportunity for you to work with the founders of an internationally-recognized organization, and learn how organizations develop from the ground up. If interested, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
The social media intern should:
- Be thoroughly familiar with social media platforms such Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, WordPress, Google+ and basic social media management.
- Find stories and links to share relating to Sahiyo’s mission and work
- Be able to write quick, relevant and insightful content for social media feeds
- Be adept at writing and proofreading (in English)
- Have basic understanding of Search Engine Optimization and strategies used for social media marketing and communication
- Basic knowledge of Photoshop, Google Analytics and other social media platforms as an added advantage
- Support Co-founders in improving communications presence
- Other related tasks as deemed by Sahiyo Co-founders
CLICK HERE FOR DESCRIPTION AND APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS FOR SOCIAL MEDIA INTERNSHIP