We are looking for a Communications Coordinator to provide administrative support on various programs and projects. Editing and writing Sahiyo materials will be an important part of your job, as well as supervising a social media team. In this role, you should be an excellent communicator with strong attention to detail and an ability to create a healthy dynamic and move projects forward through management, while supporting interns and team members. If you also have administrative and social media marketing experience, we’d like to meet you.
Sahiyo works transnationally, but this part-time position will be for someone who can primarily support U.S. programming. As the position is virtual, the Communication Coordinator can be located anywhere within the U.S. but must be comfortable with working independently and remotely. As life shifts back from being fully remote, some events may be in Massachusetts, and attendance may be required.
As Sahiyo continues to grow, we hope to grow this role into a full time position for the right person. In the meantime, it is a great opportunity for you to learn how grassroots organizations develop from the ground up.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Provide administrative support to programs and internal teams
- Lead communication team with support, ensuring interns are reaching goals and growing in their personal careers by being available for check ins
- Draft and edit communications (e.g. annual report, program updates, social media posts)
- Assist in maintaining web content and executing social media strategies
- Monitor, track and report engagement with social platforms. Assign reports to interns on regular basis as well after special campaigns
- Facilitate effective internal communications
- Support logistical coordination of Sahiyo programs and events as needed
- Ability to represent Sahiyo in coalition meetings and collaborate with other organizations, Sahiyo’s U.S. Advisory Board and other stakeholders.
- Understanding of media relations and digital media strategies
- Proficient in Google Docs, MS Office; familiarity with design software (e.g. Canva, Photoshop, InDesign) and content management systems is a plus
- Experience with Excel and data manipulation is a plus
- Solid editing and researching skills
- Proven skills in supporting team members, communicating regularly via Whatsapp and other platforms
- Excellent communication abilities (oral and written)
- Ability to multitask on different projects
- Strong attention to detail
- Organizational skills
- Experience working in the field of gender violence, FGM/C, or related field.
- Experience working with a variety of different cultures and communities
- Sex positive attitude and progressive values aligned with Sahiyo ethos
Please send a resume and cover letter to Ms. Mariya Taher at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Wednesday, December 1, 2021. The email subject line should state “Application: Communications Coordinator.”