Sahiyo India is looking for a Communications Associate to support various programs, projects and public communications. In this role, you should be an excellent communicator with strong attention to detail. Creating social media campaigns, editing and writing Sahiyo materials and grant based writing will be an important part of your job. If you also have administrative and social media marketing experience, we’d like to meet you.
This is a part-time position ideal for a young professional located anywhere in India. We are looking for someone proactive, who is willing to work independently and remotely, for up to 20 hours a month.
This is a great opportunity for you to work with the founders of an internationally-recognised organisation, and learn how organisations develop from the ground up.
Job duration: September 2020 – November 2020 (with the potential to extend further)
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Facilitate internal and public communications
- Assist in developing programme/campaign plans and strategies and drive them.
- Draft and edit communications (e.g. reports, social media posts, press releases)
- Assist in maintaining web content and executing social media strategies for Sahiyo India
- Support the administrative manager with logistical coordination of Sahiyo programmes and events as needed.
- Support Sahiyo India Co-founders in creating and executing campaigns
- Understanding of media relations and digital media/campaign strategies
- Proficiency in Google Docs, MS Office; familiarity with design software (e.g. Canva, Photoshop, InDesign) and content management systems is a bonus,
- Experience with Excel and data manipulation is a bonus
- Solid editing and researching skills
- Excellent communication abilities (oral and written)
- Ability to multitask on different projects
- Strong attention to detail
- Organizational skills
- Experience working in the field of gender-based violence, FGM/C, or related field.
- Sensitivity towards different cultures
Please send a resume and cover letter to Priya Goswami at email@example.com no later than Tuesday, August 28, 2020. The email subject line should state “Application: Communications Associate”.
SAHIYO, an award winning, transnational, organization is dedicated to empowering Asian communities to end female genital cutting (FGC) and create positive social change through dialogue, education and collaboration based on community involvement. By working towards an FGC-free world, we aim to recognize and emphasize the values of consent and a child’s/woman’s right over her own body. We aim to enable a culture in which female sexuality is not feared or suppressed but embraced as normal. For more read, about Sahiyo’s storytelling and our history.